Fanime Online Riichi Tournament 2020
By Bichen Wang on May 2nd 2020 6:00pm
Since Fanime 2020 has been cancelled, PML is hosting an online version of our annual Fanime tournament on Saturday May 23rd at noon Pacific Daylight Time (3 pm Eastern Daylight Time, May 23rd 19:00 UTC, May 24th 4:00 JST). This will be a 6-hanchan round robin tournament with standard PML rules, and whoever manages to score the most amount of points is the winner.
Registration is open until May 22nd, and the tournament is free!
Register now at: https://forms.gle/gCDHdCJozCW5VK9e7
Join the discord at https://discord.gg/wVpMzde for tournament coordination!
If you're still looking to play, we are still on the lookout for alternates. Join the discord and message Konata Akemi if you would like to perhaps play as an alternate.
This tournament will be on Mahjong Soul, and rules are as follows:
- 6 Hanchan, whoever has the most cumulative points is the winner. Hopefully starting the next round 5-10 minutes after all the previous round's games finishes.
- 5+20 discard timer
- No Red 5s
- Start at 25000, return is 25000 (so no going into west) (also no oka)
- Uma is +25/+10/-10/-25
- Ties are broken by closest to first dealer
- Agari-yame nashi (last dealer passes like any other dealership)
- All abortive draws on
- Nagashi mangan nashi
- Kiriage mangan nashi (7700 and 11600 for 4 han 30 fu)
- Kan dora revealed immediately only on closed kan
- Kan dora ari
- Ura dora ari
- Kan ura dora ari
- Ippatsu ari
- Double/triple ron ari
- No double yakuman
- Kazoe yakuman ari
- No local yaku